Virginia is rich in our Nation’s history and is home to eight our country’s Presidents. Read on to learn more about Virginia’s Presidents and fun history facts!
Eight Presidents’ were born in Virginia. Think you can guess them all?
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
- James Madison
- James Monroe
- William Harrison
- John Tyler
- Zachary Taylor
- Woodrow Wilson
Fun Historic Facts About Virginia:
- Virginia is known as “the birth place of the Nation”
- Virginia Beach is the largest city in Virginia.
- Virginia was named for England’s “Virgin Queen,” Elizabeth I.
- Virginia was founded on June 25, 1788.
- The first peanuts grown in the United States were grown in Virginia.
How You Can Celebrate Presidents’ Day in Virginia Beach
- Check out Virginia Beach Museums on this Historic Day
- Visit other historic sites that Virginia has to offer!