As we transition from fall to winter, outside temperatures will inevitably drop. But that’s no reason to let our motivation down, too!
Thanks to our friends at Competitor.com, we’ve compiled a super simple list of winter training tips to keep you running and prepared for the 2017 Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon on September 3:
- Layer for success. Begin with a synthetic or wool base layer and build from there.
- Choose the right shoes … and socks.
- Have a Plan B. When snow and rain enter the picture, sometimes it’s better to have another option.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Our bodies can’t regulate hydration as well in colder weather.
- Play it safe. Slippery roads, fewer daylight hours and hypothermia are all real concerns when running in the winter.
Read “Five Essential Winter Running Tips” for the full list and all the details.
Happy winter running!