Information regarding the 2018 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon and 5k road closures is highlighted below. Information provided on this page is continuously updated and subject to change. Please check back frequently for the most up to date information.
2018 Informational Downloads
- Sunday Half Marathon Course Map*
- Saturday 5k and 1 Mile Course Map*
- Road Closure Grid*
- No Parking Zones*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your Smart Phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course. The course and road closures are remaining the same as last year, but it is advised to review road closure information again and plan accordingly.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon and 5k will bring thousands of runners and walkers to Virginia Beach, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Virginia Beach residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Virginia Beach Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 12 noon. At 6:00 am, police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. The race begins at 7:00 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. View a list of No Parking Zones here.
For More Information
For any questions, comments or concerns please contact Kenneth Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757.385.6650.