Before Your 2020 Race
How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon by Registering Online.
Don’t know if you are registered for the 2020 Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon & 1/2 Marathon? Click here to confirm.
Personalize Your Bib
Enter before the event deadline of 5th September, and you have the option, during registration, of choosing what is printed on your race bib
Maximum of 20 characters, if left blank your first name will be printed.
Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K Race Packs
RUNFIT Expo & Packet Pickup
Exhibition Centre Liverpool
- 2020 RunFit Expo dates and time to come
- Will be mailed to all UK residents who register before 5 September and choose to have their packet posted.
- All International runners will need to pick up their race packs during at packet pickup.
- There is no packet pickup on race day for the 10K, Marathon or Half Marathon.
- Packet pick up will also be available for 5K runners on Saturday morning.
If you are a UK resident who did not choose to have your pack posted, are an international participant or have registered after 5 September you must collect your Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon or Half Marathon Race Info Pack from the Run Fit Expo on Friday or Saturday. You will not be able to participate without it as it includes your race number, and vital information for race day.
In order to collect your race number at Run Fit Expo, you MUST bring your Photo ID to the Expo to receive your race number and timing tag that is affixed to the race number.
Mile Fun Run – 100% Packet Pick Up. No packs for these races will be posted out.
- Mile Fun Run can pick up numbers at the Expo on Friday and Saturday.
- On race day, packet pick up will be available for Mile Fun Runner only starting at 9:00am.
**For any UK residents that registered before 5 September and do not receive their packet by post as planned, please contact our customer service team at [email protected] or attend Packet Pick at the Expo and our customer service team will get you sorted.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
Before the event deadline: you can change your estimated finish time for your race via ACTIVE.com using the following steps:
- Log into your account at https://myevents.active.com
- Find your Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool entry
- Choose “Edit Registration Information”
- Update estimated finish time.
- Save changes.
After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the RunFit Expo and then proceed to the “Solutions” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
To make changes to most personal details (address, expected finish time, etc), you can do so by following these instructions:
- Log into https://myevents.active.com
- Scroll through list of registered events to find Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool
- Choose “Edit Registration Information”
- Make changes to custom questions etc.
- Save changes
If you need to change your email address, drop us a line at [email protected] and we can make this change on your behalf.
Click here for Event Deadlines
Changing Race Distances
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, please pick up your assigned race number at Packet Pickup and proceed to the Solutions Desk and we would be happy to assist you!
Switching from a SHORTER distance to a LONGER distance
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance simply log in to your Active account at www.active.com, under the ‘My Events’ tab you will see your registration. Please click on the Change Category option. The early upgrade fee is the cost difference between the desired distance’s current fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (a Processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)
- After the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a shorter distance to a longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at Packet Pickup. Please pick up your assigned race number and proceed to the Solutions Desk. You will be charged the cost difference between the desired distance’s fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. ( A Processing fee is not used in calculating price difference).
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. Also, you may not transfer your application to the following year or another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 17 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. You must be 16 years old to participate in the 10K on Penny Lane. You must be 11 years old to participate in the 5K. There is no minimum age for the 1 mile fun run.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Running & Endurance Show.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No unapproved coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Parking & Transportation
Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool starts and finishes in the city centre so is well served with public transport and public car parking. Please keep in mind that the 10K on Penny Lane starts at a different location than the Marathon, Half Marathon and the Mile Fun Run.
However due to the road closures in place and the large volumes of runners (20,000+ in 2019), disruptions can be expected. Please read through the Parking and Transportation Information Document and the Road Closure section of this website for detailed information.
There are free shuttle buses for the 10K on Penny Lane runners. These run from 7:00am-8:00am, from the Liverpool One bus station to Penny Lane.
Full information relating to the 2020 will be updated closer to the event.
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Baggage Check. While you run, your personal items will be held at Baggage Check.
You may leave a small bag at the Baggage Area (or ‘Gear Check’ as we call it in America) during the race. This is situated inside the Echo Arena. You may use a small bag of your own. The maximum size for bags is 50cm x 30cm x 20cm. This is smaller than an airline cabin bag –the size of a small backpack –larger bags will not be accepted.
On race morning, please affix your baggage check tag (on the bottom portion of your race number) to your bag with the tie provided, before leaving it at the Baggage Area. Baggage will be open from 7:30am until 4:30pm. Please reclaim your bag by 4:30pm on race day.
Please DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewellery in your bag. The event is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
10K on Penny Lane Bag Drop: You must use the drawstring bag provided for 10k runners. The bag drop closes 08:25 and the trucks will then depart to the finish area, where bags must be reclaimed by 11:00am.
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, a Wave Start will be incorporated in most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. Runners who fall behind the cutoff pace at any time will be stopped and provided transportation in the tail bus. Water stations, first aid points and road closures will be removed as the tail bus passes. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limits, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle to transport the participant to the finish line.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3 pm will be sent back to our office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group at rnrliverpoo[email protected]
There are 11 hydration stations on the marathon course and 5 on the half marathon course.
There are 2 hydration station on the 10K on Penny Lane Course.
All have water, some have sports drink and some have SiS carb gels.
Toilets are available at every hydration station.
There are 9 First aid stations around the course – some of which are passed twice at different stages in the race.
Pacers will be carrying a flag on their back showing the target time. There is no need to register in advance, just look out for your pacer in the corrals on race morning and join the pacer party!
Pace Groups offered include:
Marathon – 3:15, 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00, 5:15, 5:30
Half Marathon – 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30; 2:45
MyLaps Bib Tag
You will use the MYLAPS BibTag for the electronic registration of your time. On the back of your race number you can find a chip (the tag) and a foam pad. Please read the following instructions to receive your correct time after the race.
Tips to guarantee your correct BibTag timing:
- Place the race number on the center of the chest so everyone can see your number. Don’t cover this number with a jacket or with your hands/arms when you run over the timing mats. Please pay attention when you use a (stop)watch on the start and finish mats.
- Never fold or damage this number. Especially on the location of the BibTag.
- Use four (4) safety pins on the corners of the number. Do not damage or perforate the BibTag.
- Do not remove the foam pad on the BibTag.
- If you own a personal MYLAPS ChampionChip, you can leave it on your shoe. It will not influence your BibTag timing.
After the race you can take the race number (including BibTag) as a memory or souvenir, or you can throw it away at the normal rubbish collection (plastic).
Involving charities is an important part of what we do. Our US charity partners have raised over $330 million for their respective causes through Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events, since its inception in 1998.
If you are interested in becoming an Official Charity Partner at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon & 1/2 Marathon, please contact us at [email protected]
Official Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool finisher medals are presented to runners in each race, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K on Penny Lane, 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run after they cross the finish line. There is a unique medal for each distance.
Take the Remix Challenge – In addition to finisher medals, runners who participate in both the Saturday 5K and one of the Sunday races will receive a third medal – the Remix Challenge Medal! Collect the Remix Medal after you complete the Sunday distance at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series booth in the Finish Line Festival.
Encore Medal – Don’t miss your chance to earn this bling! If you finished the Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon or Half Marathon in 2019, register for either the Marathon or Half Marathon in 2020 and this is yours!
World Rocker Medal – ALL NEW MEDALS IN 2020! 2020 Marathon and Half Marathon finishers are also eligible to earn the World Rocker medal. Complete a Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon or Half Marathon in any two countries in 2020 to earn this keepsake.
Prize money will be offered based on the details here. Prize money is awarded according to Gun Time.