Information regarding the 2018 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K is below. More information will be posted as it becomes available. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Sunday Marathon/Half Road Closure Grid*
- Sunday Course Map – Marathon/Half*
- Saturday 10K/5K Road Closure Grid*
- Saturday 10K/5K Course Map*
- Road Closure Brochure
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your Smart Phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
BE AWARE. PLAN AHEAD
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon and ½ Marathon will bring tens of thousands of runners and walkers to San Antonio, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! San Antonio residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon community relations team by emailing [email protected].
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:30 pm on Sunday, December 3. Beginning at 5:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The Marathon will begin at 7:15 am and the Saturday 10k/5K will begin at 7:30am. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. The streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the: Marathon/Half road closure grid, the Marathon/Half course map, 10K/5K course map and the . Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Mission Library Access
Members of the public wishing to access Mission Library will need to approach the library from west. Use eastbound SE Military to northbound Roosevelt Avenue. Or Exit I-37 at Military Drive, travel west on Military Drive and turn right northbound on Roosevelt Avenue to access the entrance to the library. Roads near the library will be re-opened by 2:15 p.m.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If your question is not answered on this website, please contact [email protected].