2021 PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
START LINE: 28th Street & Pacific Ave
FINISH LINE: 28th Street & Boardwalk
FINISH FESTIVAL: Boardwalk between 28th & 30th
The Start and the Finish are a quarter mile apart and are within walking distance to many nearby hotels.
Below are the various options to get you to the races on Saturday and Sunday. If you are driving, please make sure to plan ahead and leave early!
Participant Parking & Oceanfront Public Bus
Oceanfront parking near the start line
There are multiple options for Oceanfront Resort parking for race morning and easy walking distance to the half marathon start line. Runners and spectators will be responsible for finding their own parking. The recommended lots noted will be open by 5:00am on race day and will be available for participant/spectator parking for $10.
Payment will be accepted upon entrance to the garage. Depending on garage/lot location, participants can walk to the Start or take the Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) bus. See details below. Parking Garage/Lot Locations are located at 9th St., 19th St, 25th St, 31st St and Rudee Loop Lots near 3rd & 4th St.
Hampton roads transit (HRT) public bus
If you are staying or live near the Virginia Beach resort area along the ocean, you can walk to the start or take the Hampton Roads Transit bus (HRT), which will run along the Oceanfront from 4:30am to 5:30am DUE TO ROAD CLOSURES. Pick up stops will be approximately every two blocks along Atlantic Ave.
Bus stop locations going southbound on Atlantic: 41st, 40th 1/2, 39th, 38th, 36th, 34th, 31st, 29th, 26th, 24th 1/2, 22nd 1/2, 20th 1/2, 19th, 17th, 15th. Bus stop locations going northbound on Atlantic: 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th.
HRT MOBILE APP - With the new HRT App, you can pay for your fare with your phone. Download the GoHRT App, create an account and you are set for the weekend.
If you are being dropped off at the Start, there are two locations available!
- Between 20th and 21st Streets on Pacific Ave
To the Start from Campgrounds
Free shuttle service will be offered for anyone staying at the Holiday Trav-L-Park or KOA Campgrounds. Shuttles will run from 4:30 AM to 5:15 AM. THERE WILL BE NO CAMPGROUND BUSES AFTER 5:15 AM DUE TO ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE RACE. Shuttles will pick up at the campground entrances.
If you are staying or live in the Virginia Beach resort area, it is strongly recommended that you walk to your chosen race viewing location. The Start, Finish and much of the race course are within walking distance of the oceanfront hotels. If you must drive and park, there are parking lots with limited parking available near the Start and around the resort area.
After the Race
HRT bus will resume routes along the Oceanfront when all road are reopened, which is expected to be around 11:30 a.m.. Pick up is every 15 minutes at the designated HRT bus stops.
Due to Road Closures and heavy race morning traffic, cars should be parked by 5:30 a.m. Use the directions noted below and the free WAZE app on your smart phone to avoid road closures on race morning. Detailed road closure information can be found online at http://www.runrocknroll.com/virginia-beach/the-races/road-closures/.
Oceanfront Parking Lots
Lots open at 5am, $10 for the day. Payment will be accepted upon entrance to the garage. Rudee Loop lots will not be accessible from 5:30am-11:30am. Cars parked in lots cannot exit until after 11:30am on Sunday.
31st Street Garage- 0.2 Miles from the Start
- From the West, take 264 to the Oceanfront, left on Arctic Ave, right on 30th Street to 31st Street Garage
- From Laskin Road, merge right to 30th Street to 31st Street Garage
- From the North, take Shore Drive / Pacific Ave, left on 30th Street to 31st Street Garage
25th Street Garage- .25 Miles from the Start
- From the West, take 264 to the Oceanfront, left on Arctic Ave, right on 25th Street to 25th Street Garage
- From Laskin Road, right on Arctic Ave, left on 25th Street to 25th Street Garage
- From the North, take Shore Drive/Pacific Ave, right on Laskin Road, left on Arctic Ave, left on 25th St to the 25th Street Garage
1th Street Lot- .6 Miles from the Start
- From the West (before 6am), take 264 to the Oceanfront, right on Arctic Ave., left on 20th Street to access 19th Street lot
- From the South (before 6am), take General Booth Blvd to Pacific Ave, left on 19th St to the 19th St lot
- From the North, take Shore Drive/Pacific Ave, right on Laskin Rd, left on Arctic Ave, left on 20th St to access 19th St lot
9th Street Garage- 1.4 Miles from the Start, Limited Space
- From the South (before 6am), take General Booth Blvd to Pacific Ave, right on 9th St to 9th St Garage
- From the South (after 6am), take General Booth Blvd, left on Oceana Blvd, right on Bells Road, left on Birdneck Road, right on Norfolk Avenue, cross Pacific to the 9th Street garage
- From the West (after 6am), take 264, exit onto Birdneck Road and take a left on Norfolk Avenue, cross Pacific to the 9th Street garage.
OUR SPONSORS THAT MAKE THIS HAPPEN