NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The “CEP Prize Pack” drawing (the “Drawing”) is subject to these official rules (the “Official Rules”).
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Drawing, you must be:
“Immediate family members” means parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, halfsiblings, spouses, and domestic partners. “Household members” means people who have the same residence at least three (3) months during the past twelve (12) months. The Drawing is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Drawing is void where prohibited by law. The use of multiple identities is prohibited and will void each of that participant’s/person’s entries.
3. Sponsor & Administrator: Competitor Group, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Operator”) located at 3407 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607. The Drawing is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Drawing, entrant represents and warrants that (i) they have read and understood, and fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts, these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Drawing and (ii) that they are eligible to enter the Drawing in accordance with any and all applicable laws and these Official Rules. Sponsor shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed – including but not limited to rules regarding deadlines, Winner selection, Prize restrictions, and eligibility – and all such decisions are final. By participating, entrant irrevocably, fully and unconditionally waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and/or in any other Drawing and/or Drawing-related advertising or materials. Winning any Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. Entry Period: The Drawing entry period begins at or about 8:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 24, 2023 and ends at or about 11:59 PM ET on May 29, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Drawing.
6. How to Enter: You must be a registered user of Instagram and follow both @CEP_Compression and @runrocknroll on Instagram in order to enter this Drawing. Instagram registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.instagram.com and following the online instructions to open an account. Enter in one of the following two (2) ways:
a. During the Entry Period, look for Sponsor’s Drawing post inviting followers to enter for a chance to win a prize. Comment including the hashtags #EnjoythePressure AND #Sweepstakes (together, the “Hashtags”) and comply with the Content Restrictions (as set forth below). Each successfully submitted entry will result in one (1) entry; or
b. During the Entry Period, upload a photo on your Instagram page showing a picture of you training for your next run that is ‘tagged’ with the Hashtags. Each successfully submitted entry photo will result in one (1) entry. Your entry photo must remain publicly posted through the drawing date (as set forth below) and must comply with the Content Restrictions (as set forth below).
7. For all Entries:
a. If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
b. Your settings must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. Only posts that are viewable by Sponsor and its agents will be considered an entry.
c. All entries must be received and recorded during the Entry Period. No other forms of entry are valid. Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the entry contains any Content Restrictions or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
8. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants must not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any entry: (a) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (d) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (e) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (f) content that denigrates, disparages, or reflects negatively on the Released Parties or their owners and employees; (g) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (h) dangerous stunts; (i) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives, or projectiles; (j) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (k) individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; (l) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produces video, etc.); and (m) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state/territory/province with the entry is created. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor will be disqualified.
9. Each entry, regardless of which entry method is used, has an equal chance of winning as any other entry.
10. Each entrant is limited to only two (2) entries in the Drawing, regardless of which entry method is used. Any attempt by an individual entrant to obtain more than two (2) entries, whether by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, Instagram accounts, post cards, registrations, email addresses, logins, or via any other methods, will void all of such entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified from further participation or from registering anew at Sponsor’s discretion. Any use of automated, programmed, or similar entry methods or agents will void all entries by the entrant who employs, or causes to be employed, such methods. Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address as another entrant. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor or its designee and such entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
DETERMINATION OF WINNER; PRIZE
12. Random Drawing: On or about May 30, 2023, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all entries received during the Entry Period. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the requirements below, the potential winner will be declared the official winner of the Drawing (the “Winner”). Each entry has an equal chance of winning as any other entry.
13. Prize: One (1) Winner will be awarded one (1) CEP prize pack, including Mid-Cut Socks, 2-1 Training Shorts, Tall Socks, Crew Shirt, Run Shirt and No Show Socks (the “Prize”).
14. The Prize has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $275.
15. Odds. The odds of an entrant winning this Drawing depend on the total number of eligible entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules.
16. Notification: The potential Winner will be notified via a “reply” or “direct message” from Sponsor via the @runrocknroll Instagram Account to the entrant’s Instagram account (the “Prize Notification”). Entrant must (a) respond within forty-eight (48) hours of the issuance of the “reply” and (b) return to the Sponsor, by the date and manner specified, the applicable Verification Paperwork (defined below) as may be required by the Sponsor.
17. . If any potential Winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours after the first notification attempt, or fails to comply with any of these Official Rules, or if the Sponsor determines that the potential Winner is ineligible or disqualified, or declines the Prize for any reason, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, Sponsor may either (i) select an alternate winner by random drawing from the remaining eligible entries or (ii) void the Prize.
18. Noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of the Prize (or any portion thereof) or Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture. Entrants acknowledge that (a) it is their responsibility to check their notifications/direct messages to ensure they receive any notification from Sponsor in connection with this Drawing, and (b) Sponsor will not be held responsible Page 4 of 8 for any failure by the Winner to timely claim the Prize in connection with the Winner’s failure to receive any notification or direct message transmitted by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, unauthenticated, or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any entry that, or entrant who, does not comply with these Official Rules in its sole discretion. All Drawing decisions shall be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor
19. All Prize values referenced in these Official Rules shall be in United States Dollars (“USD”)
20. All Prize details shall be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize consists only of those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the Prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, provincial, state and local taxes (if any), VAT taxes or fees, surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, additional or non-included transportation, travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, Internet access, personal items, service or facility charges, and upgrades.
21. Verified Winner(s) will receive instructions on claiming or receiving Prize elements. If Prize is mailed or shipped, Winner shall assume all risk of loss, damage, theft, late or missed delivery. Upon fulfilling any Prize, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to Winner and such Winner assumes full responsibility for the Prize.
22. Prize or Prize components are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash, may not be sold, bartered, or auctioned, and must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions. The right to receive any Prize is not transferrable. Any Prize or potion thereof not used or accepted by Winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prizes may not be substituted except that Sponsor in its discretion may substitute a Prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
23. Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Released Parties. Merchandise prize components (if any) carry no warranty other than that offered by manufacturer. Released Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
24. If the actual value of any individual component of the Prize is less than the relevant value listed above or if the actual value of the Prize is less than the aggregate ARV stated herein, the Winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
25. Verification Paperwork. The potential Winner will be notified as set forth above and, as a condition of receiving a Prize, may be required to present valid photo identification and/or required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability waiver, a Publicity Release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents (collectively, “Verification Paperwork”). AN ENTRANT IS NOT A ‘WINNER’ OF THE DRAWING PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY. If Verification Paperwork is provided to Winner, Winner must return the completed Verification Paperwork within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt.
26. Promotional Use of Likeness: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Drawing constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and its affiliates’, agents’, designees, or affiliated third parties’ to use entrant’s name, voice, likeness, statements, photographs (including the use and Page 5 of 8 appearance of entrant’s photograph on Sponsor and its affiliates’, agents’, designees, or affiliated third parties’ website/social media pages or channels), audiovisual recordings, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for purpose of advertising the Drawing, any subsequent drawing, contest, or other promotion by Sponsor, any event owned or licensed by Sponsor, or for any other commercial purpose, in each case in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, without payment, consideration, notice, or approval.
27. Fraud: In the event that Sponsor learns of any fraud (or any intended fraud) in connection with the presentation of the Drawing or the distribution/collection of any Prize, or in the event Sponsor otherwise learns of any other illegal activity in connection with the Drawing, Sponsor may modify or cancel the Drawing. Any and all such determinations shall be made in the sole reasonable judgment of Sponsor. All Drawing decisions shall be final, and each entrant will have no right, pursuant to these Official Rules or otherwise, to challenge the Drawing or the Prize decisions.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
28. The term “Released Parties” shall mean (a) Sponsor and its related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, event hosts, sponsors, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, members, and agents; (b) Instagram, LLC ("Instagram"); (c) Medi USA L.P.; (d) any other company involved in the development or administration of the Drawing; and (e) their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, Prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons.
29. By participating in the Drawing, you agree that the Released Parties: (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undeliverable, damaged or stolen, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participant’s printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Drawing, the printing of this offer, the administration of the Drawing, the selection or announcement of the Winner(s) or Prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in the Drawing or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Drawing; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select Winner(s) because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Drawing, selection of Winner(s), verification of the Winner(s), the Prize or otherwise in any other Drawing and/or Drawing-related materials; (h) are not responsible for any interruptions/postponement/cancellation of the Drawing; and (i) are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of any one or more of the Released Parties.
30. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OR EFFECT OF THE FOREGOING: NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE DRAWING. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD Page 6 of 8 RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DRAWING OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF THE PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
31. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAS MADE OR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, WHETHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE DRAWING OR PRIZE.
32. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Drawing, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability of any person), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation, or inability to participate, in the Drawing, or any Drawing-related or Prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Drawing; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of the Prize; (d) unauthorized intervention in the Drawing; (e) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; (f) any technical error related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (g) printing errors; (h) any error in the administration of the Drawing or the processing of entries; (i) any late, lost, or undeliverable entry; or (j) taxes related to, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, receipt or use of any part of any Prize by any person.
33. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability for any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to the reasonable out-of-pocket expenses actually paid for by the entrant that are directly related to entering and participating in this Drawing (which, for the avoidance of doubt, excludes, for example, telephone expenses and Internet access), and in no event shall any of the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees.
34. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR PERSON, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOST PROFITS OR INCOME, OR LOSS OF CONSORTIUM, OR CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES, AND THE ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.
35. Choice of Forum: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Drawing, or any Prizes awarded or not awarded shall be resolved solely individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (Tampa Division) or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Hillsborough County, Florida.
36. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, or enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
37. . In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Drawing-related materials, including but not limited to television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
38. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Drawing, or other part thereof, if intervening circumstances warrant, within Sponsor’s sole discretion, due to any fraud, virus or other technical problem which corrupts the security, administration, operation, fairness and/or proper play of the Drawing, or for any other reason. In such an event, Sponsor reserves the right to select the Winner from all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation, termination, and/or modification of the Drawing or in such other manner as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
39. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Drawing if Sponsor concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with any entries or the operation of the Drawing, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules or (c) has acted towards Sponsor or any other participant or person in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempts to submit entries except as permitted herein, including by using any prohibited device or method. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
40. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS DRAWING MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
41. All activity arising out of and relating to the Drawing, including any reference to the status of any person as a "winner" is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences noncompliance of an entry and/or participant with the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or participant from the Drawing and Prize at any time. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential winner and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Each participant agrees to cooperate with Sponsor and its representatives in connection with all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
42. Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographical, printing, or clerical errors in any Drawing-related materials. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Drawing; provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Drawing for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any Prize offered.
43. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL®, and ROCK ‘N’ ROLL RUNNING SERIES® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF WORLD TRIATHLON CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
44. Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Drawing is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Drawing.
45. Winner List: For a statement of the identification of the Winner in the Drawing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, making a request to receive such information, to: “CEP Prize Pack Drawing – Winner List Request, c/o Global Partnerships Department, 3407 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607”. Such requests must be received by July 29, 2023. contained herein.
* * * * * *
Official Rules © Competitor Group, Inc.