2021 Road Closure Information Coming Soon!
2019 Road Closure Information for Reference:
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2:
- Saturday Half Marathon/Marathon Course Map
- Saturday Half Marathon and Marathon Road Closure Grid
- Saturday Half Marathon and Marathon No Parking Grid
- Road Closure Brochure
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3:
Use the free Waze App on your smart phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
- Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & ½ Marathon will bring over 20,000 runners and walkers to Savannah, plus tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the route in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Savannah residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
- There will also be a 5K that starts in Daffin Park and finishes in Grayson Stadium at Daffin Park on Sunday, November 3. There will be minimal road closures outside the park that afternoon.
At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Most road closures and detours on Saturday will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:15 pm. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The races begin at 7:30 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Freeway and Ramp Closures
- SOUTHBOUND Truman Parkway will be CLOSED, between E. Presidents St and DeLesseps St, from 3:30 am to 2:30 pm
- NORTHBOUND Truman Parkway will remain OPEN ALL DAY
Road Closure Map
Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations team by contacting [email protected].
Alternate Access Routes
Alternate access is available throughout the city. The below notice provide general directions for specific areas. if you need specific directions, or your location is not listed, please e-mail us: [email protected].
Public Transportation Information
CAT Detour Information
Marathon and Half marathon road closures along the race route will may impact CAT bus routes on Saturday. More information on CAT detours will be available online shortly. If you have specific questions, please visit catchacat.org or call CAT Customer Service at 912.233.5767
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please contact [email protected].