Information regarding the 2020 Humana Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon will be posted as available.
*Information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Sunday Half Marathon Course Map*
- Saturday 5k Course Map*
- No Parking Zones*
- Road Closure Grid*
- Alternate Access to Museum Campus*
- Alternate Access to Monroe Harbor & Chicago Yacht Club*
- Alternate Access to Burnham Harbor*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your smart phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The 2020 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon, 12k & 5k will bring more than 18,000 runners and walkers to Chicago, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- There will be a 5k that will take place on Saturday, July 18!
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Chicago residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo, Volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 11:30 am. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. After the race starts at 6:15 am the streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the course map and road closure grid for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Half Marathon & 12K Road Closure Map
5K Road Closure Map
Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago has partnered with ParkWhiz, the fastest and most convenient way to find and book parking before your event. Compare prices at nearby parking facilities and pay in advance to book your space.
Health and Fitness Expo - July 18th-19th:
Saturday 5K (July 18th) & Sunday 12K/Half Marathon (July 19th):
Streets along the race route will be marked as “No Parking – Tow Away Zones.” Please adhere to the dates and times posted; all zones will be enforced. For a complete list of No Parking Zones, click here.
Local Business? Get Involved!
If you are a local business looking to reach our tens of thousands of runners, spectators and volunteers take advantage of our free “Runner Perks” program. Click here for more information!
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please contact us at, [email protected].