How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for Carlsbad 5000 or Junior Carlsbad Here.
Don’t know if you have already registered for the 2018 Carlsbad 5000 or All Day 20K? Click here to confirm.
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the ‘personalize bib’ field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols print correctly on bib numbers.
Please visit our Health and Fitness Expo page for Packet Pickup information.
2018 Event Registration Refund Program- FOR 2018 EVENT REGISTRATION ONLY! (registration completed after March 1, 2017)
Allianz Global Assistance offers Registration Protector
Registration Protector gives participants the opportunity to fully insure their entry. If you can’t attend this event for any number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more, you’ll be reimbursed for your registration cost, fees and other related costs. Just add it to your entry upon checkout! Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. See full coverage details.
To file a claim, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-888-497-6989 or visit them online here
To contact Allianz Global Assistance directly by email: [email protected]
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll events for three years.
- You must be at least 8 years old to participate in the 5K. You must be 12 years old to participate in the All Day 20K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of the 5K or 20K.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Please remember to only cross railroad tracks at a designated pedestrian or roadway crossing. Observe and obey all warning signs and signals. NEVER walk down a train track – it is illegal and very dangerous. BE AWARE THAT THE TRAINS DO NOT FOLLOW SET SCHEDULES. A TRAIN CAN ARRIVE AT ANY TIME.
All Day 20K Lounge
All Day 20K participants have access to the exclusive All Day 20K Lounge! Simply show your 20K bib to gain entrance. The 20K Lounge will give access to private restrooms, gear check, additional refreshments and of course, a place to sit while you wait for your next race. Enjoy the lounge before, in between, and after your races.
- Location: Lot on corner of Grand Ave. & Madison St. (west of the start line)
- Time: Lounge will open 30 mins before the start of the first race category and will remain open until the conclusion of the last race category of the day.
General 20K Overview:
- Your All Day 20K will consist of FOUR separate 5K races. You MUST be at the start line at the start of the first race category (approximately 7:00am)
- While you are running the separate FOUR 5K races, you will only be eligible for an age group award, or a first 250 medal, for the race that correlates with your age group. No exceptions.
MEDALS: 20K finisher medals will NOT be available at the location of the finish line. Please come back to the 20K Lounge after you complete your last 5K race to pick up your finisher medal. If you qualify for the first 250 medal in your age group category, you can also pick up your additional medal in this area. First 250 medals are awarded based on gun time, NOT CHIP TIME, for the race that correlates with your age group. Kindly refrain from taking any finisher medals inside the secure zone and finish line area.
Please visit our Road Closures page for more information.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 1 pm will be trucked back to our San Diego office.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of medical professionals available to help you. Medical Stations will be located at the Start, every other mile along the course and at the Finish. Look for large tents and medical volunteers wearing red t-shirts. In order to help our medical team help you, it is critical that you fill out the medical history information on the back of your race number.
Race timing is by Sportstats using chip on the bib technology which will automatically record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. Sportstats will be using disposable tags, glued onto your race bib, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
Please Note: All participants in the race must wear their race bib with the tag intact in order to have their times recorded. No bib = no time! Please make sure the race bib is pinned at torso height at the front and is visible throughout the race.
Visit Sportstats.us for more information.
For more information on how to volunteer, click here.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you CANNOT re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
2018 Medal Designs:
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep for the 5K distance, for male and female categories. All awards will be mailed out 6-8 weeks post-race. There are no additional age group awards for the All Day 20K. Please note: There will not be an awards ceremony on-site during race day.