With the health and safety of our community being an utmost priority, and based on the direction and recommendations of public health agencies and local authorities in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon & ½ Marathon, originally scheduled for May 30-31, 2020 has been postponed until the fall. The new 2020 event date, which is currently being finalized with local officials, will be communicated as soon as possible. Participants that are registered for the event will receive an email in the coming days with further details. If you have additional questions, please contact [email protected].
In what has been a continually evolving and challenging time globally, we recognize that the postponement may come as a disappointment but look forward to providing participants with an exceptional event experience in the future.
RUN. FUNDRAISE. SAVE LIVES.
Join us in supporting the lifesaving work of St. Jude, and earn great race weekend benefits! St. Jude is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Give meaning to your miles – choose your fundraising level and get ready to run! Learn more about St. Jude.
Give meaning to your miles. Help St. Jude lead the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Participants who register 50 days prior to Race Day will not have race materials personalized (name on merchandise apparel and name on race bib).
- Participants must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon.
- Fees listed above do not include the Active.com processing fee. There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Attention to: active-duty, reserve, veteran, or retired military, first responders and related government employees. The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is partnering with GovX.com to provide special discounts to these deserving individuals. Please use GovX.com to receive discounts on eligible distances.
- Handcycle Note: The safety of our Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series participants is always our first concern. Course structure, road closures, speed and local permitting may create hazards for Handcycles. Accordingly, those who wish to use Handcycles must separately apply for such use via email at [email protected]. Each request will be reviewed within the context of each Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Online Registration Closes: Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 11:59pm PST or SELL OUT
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable unless you have purchased the Registration Protector option via Allianz Global Assistance at the time of registration and have a covered reason. See full coverage details.
- On or before April 16, 2020: You may defer your race entry to the following year for a $45 deferral fee. Entries will only be deferred to the following year for the same city and distance of your current registration. Please Note:
- Deferral fees are non-refundable.
- Only Marathon and Half Marathon entries can be deferred.
- We will send you a registration link for the following years event within two weeks of general registration opening where you will be asked to pay the deferral fee of $45.00, plus Active processing fees
- Should you be unable to compete the at the event the following year, you will not be eligible to defer again
To request a deferral of your registration please email [email protected], on or before April 16, 2020.