For events in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) please apply for credentials here: go.ironman.com/emea-media2019
World Triathlon Corporation d/b/a IRONMAN grants members of the media (“Media Members“) limited access to Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®-branded events in the form of credentials (“Media Credentials“). To be eligible to receive Media Credentials for an Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®-branded event (an “Event“), Media Members must complete a Media Credentials application (“Application“) for such Event. Only Media Members whose primary purpose is to cover an Event as a working news media outlet will be considered for Media Credentials. Incomplete or late Applications will not be approved by IRONMAN. Applications for a non-championship Event received less than one (1) week prior to the applicable Event date will be considered late and Applications for a championship Event received less than six (6) weeks prior to the applicable Event date will be considered late (collectively, the “Request Deadline“).
Once IRONMAN has received an application, the Media Member requesting the Media Credential (the “Requesting Media Member“) will receive an email confirmation stating that their Media Credential request has been received. If the Media Credential request is approved, the Media Member who has been approved to receive the Media Credential (the “Approved Media Member“) will be subject to the terms and conditions below (the “Terms and Conditions“). In the weeks leading up to the Event, the Approved Media Member will receive additional information regarding the Media Credential.
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to film an Event as a part of a documentary or other broadcast production, please view the Filming and Footage Information Page prior to requesting Media Credentials.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF MEDIA CREDENTIAL
Requesting Media Members and Approved Media Members acknowledge and agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Eligibility; Transferability; Revocation.Each Requesting Media Member who wishes to obtain a Media Credential must fully and accurately complete an Application and submit a letter (from a managing editor, publisher, or producer) confirming their assignment. The confirmation letter should be e-mailed to [email protected] by the Request Deadline. Each Approved Media Member using a Media Credential represents that he/she is acting on a specific assignment for a newspaper, or for a press, news, or photographic service (freelancers must be on specific assignment and submit original proof of assignment to IRONMAN). Each Media Credential issued by IRONMAN authorizes only the Approved Media Member to use certain information gathered at the Event (video, audio, photo, etc.). The Media Credential is non-transferable and creates no economic or other legally recognized interest in the Approved Media Member. IRONMAN may, in its sole discretion and for any reason, grant, deny, or revoke Media Credentials, or modify these Terms and Conditions (which modification shall be effective immediately upon IRONMAN’s posting under the domain www.IRONMAN.com).
- Event Access.In the interest of safety, IRONMAN limits motorcycle and vehicle access on the bike and run course and offers limited space on the authorized motorcycles and press trucks. Approved Media Members will have access to the start area, course, and finish area. Camera crews accompanying the Approved Media Member will not be granted access to the Event without proper accreditation.
- IRONMAN’s Exclusive Media Rights. IRONMAN owns and retains exclusive media rights (including, without limitation, rights in television broadcast, cable, audio, home video, Internet, or such other recordings, tangible expressions, webcasts, accounts or descriptions, now known or hereafter devised) to each Event. Each Media Credential confers on Approved Media Member a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to lawfully acquire information at the Event such as pictures, photographs, video, audio, or by any other means so long as the information is only used for news coverage or for editorial uses in magazines, books, or articles about the Event. Any commercial use or other use of the information is strictly prohibited.
- Media Materials.In exchange for the access granted by the Media Credential, IRONMAN shall have the right to purchase from Approved Media Member a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, license to use or reproduce, any published material, in any medium, including, without limitation, pictures, photographs, video, or audio taken by the Approved Media Member in connection with the Media Credential or the Event (the “Media Materials“). IRONMAN will have the right to purchase any of the Media Materials at the best financial terms offered to third parties. For avoidance of doubt, Approved Media Members shall not use any content described above in any commercial manner without the prior written consent of IRONMAN, which consent may be approved or denied in IRONMAN’s sole discretion.
- Proprietary Rights.IRONMAN is the exclusive owner of any and all of its intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, its trademarks, copyrights, and other proprietary rights. The Media Credential authorizes the Approved Media Member to use Event-related trademarks in its news coverage of the Event and IRONMAN, provided, however, that the Approved Media Member is not authorized to use any Event-related trademarks in non-news contexts or for commercial purposes, unless a separate written license is obtained from and signed by an authorized representative of IRONMAN. The Media Credential does not grant the Approved Media Member rights to use any other third-party trademarks. Approved Media Members are responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses, consents, and releases permitting the use of any third party’s proprietary material including, without limitation, any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or other proprietary or personal rights, included in any photograph taken or other material obtained in connection with the Media Credential or the Event.
- Use of Image/Likeness.Approved Media Members grant to IRONMAN, its affiliates, designees and assignees the right and permission to photograph, film, record and/or otherwise capture in any media the name, image, voice, written statement, photograph and/or visual likeness of Approved Media Member (collectively “Images“), with right to sublicense, during the activities or otherwise, without compensation, for use for any purpose in any media throughout the world in perpetuity, including but not limited to use in broadcasts, photographs, publications, podcasts, webcasts, motion pictures, brochures, CDs, DVDs, internet websites, television, and/or in any related commercial, informational, educational, advertising, or promotional materials. Approved Media Member acknowledges and agrees that all ownership and copyright rights in the Images shall be owned by IRONMAN and waives any inspection or approval rights.
- Assumption of Risk and Release.Approved Media Member assumes all risk and danger incidental to the performance by the Approved Media Member of his or her services; to the sport of running, as well as any risk or danger reasonably foreseeable while on or around the Event course or venues (including, without limitation, falls, dangers of collisions with vehicles, pedestrians, participants, and fixed objects; the dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, and hazards that may be posed by spectators or volunteers, and weather conditions) and releases IRONMAN, USATF, Event sponsors, Event organizers, Event promoters, Event producers, race directors, Event officials, Event staff, advertisers, volunteers, administrators, contractors, all other persons or entities involved with the Event, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, licensees, officers, directors, partners, board members, shareholders, members, supervisors, insurers, agents, employees, volunteers, and representatives (individually and collectively, the “Released Parties“), from any and all liabilities resulting from injuries or personal property loss occurring before, during, or after the Event.
- Release & Indemnification. Approved Media Member agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of suit/ arbitration) against third party claims arising out of or in connection with (a) Approved Media Member’s use of any information taken or obtained at the Event in connection with the Media Credential, including, without limitation, any claim that use of such information infringes any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or other proprietary rights; (b) Approved Media Member’s acts or omissions, or alleged acts or omissions; and (c) Approved Media Member’s breach of any of the Terms and Conditions. With respect to any claim that might give rise to liability of the Approved Media Member as an indemnitor hereunder, IRONMAN shall have the right to fully participate in the litigation of such claim with counsel selected by Approved Media Member, and approved by IRONMAN, at the Approved Media Member’s sole expense; and not be obligated to participate in any settlement of such claim.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution.Approved Media Member acknowledges and agrees that any dispute or claim/s Approved Media Member may have arising out of, relating to or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, the Media Credential, Approved Media Member’s coverage of the Event, or any other aspect of Approved Media Member’s relationship with IRONMAN: (a) shall be governed by Florida substantive law (without regard to its “conflict of law” rules) and (b) unless settled by direct discussions, shall be determined by binding arbitration as the sole and final remedy for all matters in dispute, administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA“) in accordance with applicable Arbitration Rules as interpreted and governed by the Florida Arbitration Code. AAA arbitrator(s) knowledgeable in the field and in commercial matters, acceptable to both the Approved Media Member and IRONMAN, shall conduct the arbitration. Approved Media Member agrees that any arbitration proceeding, or any suit or other proceeding must be filed, entered into and/or take place only in Tampa, Florida. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason, unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Any Approved Media Member who enters restricted areas, is deemed disorderly, or fails to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions, any security measures, or any direction from any Event official, may be subject to (a) immediate removal from the Event, (b) prosecution, and/or (c) revocation of Media Credentials for future Events.