Kids Rock Running Events – Get them off to a healthy start in life!
- Kids can rock too! Our one mile fun run encourages children to embrace exercise and have fun.
The program is open to kids grades K-7.
- All participants receive a medal, t-shirt, snacks and goody bag, plus live music at a finish line celebration.
- Make it a marathon: Through our free four, six or eight-week training programs, kids can train with parents, teachers, coaches and friends to build up 25.2 miles before race day.
- Participants come together to complete a final mile on race day and become official KiDS ROCK finishers.
- The training program also includes tips to help kids start and maintain an overall healthy and active lifestyle.
- The nationwide program is hosted in conjunction with the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series.
Scholarships for 50% free and reduced lunch program schools and a school fundraising program may be available.
KiDS ROCK series has provided you with a free, fun, and easy-to-use Training Guides to help runners of all abilities complete their first marathon! The goal of the program is to empower kids to choose a healthy lifestyle and to reduce childhood obesity. By participating in this program, you’ll join kids all across the United States to complete a running program to get ready for your KiDS ROCK event.
At the end of the program, you will run in one fantastic final mile, specially designed for you, which when added to your training equals at least 26.2 miles – a marathon! You’ll receive a finisher’s medal, a t-shirt, and other goodies! This training guide contains a training plan for a 4, 6, or 8 week program, information on nutrition and stretching, as well as marathon fun facts.