At a Glance
Date: March 9, 2019
Start Time: 07:00 AM*
Time Limit: 5 hours 30 minutes
* Times subject to change
Start Line: Constitution Avenue & 14th Street NW
Finish Line: RFK Stadium, E. Capitol Street NE
- Scenic Course
- Live, Local Bands on Course
- Spirited Cheer Squads on Course
- Technical Participant T-Shirt
- Exclusive Finisher Medal
- Gear Bag
- Plentiful Course Support
- A Beer at the Finish Line Festival
- Admission to the Finish Line Festival and Post-Race Concert
- Admission to the Two-Day Health and Fitness Expo
The Marathon has a course time limit of 5.5 hours. Time of day cut offs are based on the last marathon wave starting at 7:15 am, plus 12:36 per mile pace. If you are falling behind pace prior to the marathon course cutoff locations below, you will be asked to get in the tail vehicle and be transported forward so the roads may be reopened in a timely fashion
Marathon Cutoff Times and Locations are as follows:
1. FULL/HALF MARATHON SPLIT
- Mile 12.3
- Left on N. Carolina Ave instead of starting the marathon-only loop.
- Cut off time: 9:50 am.
- Cuts off 13.1 miles from the course.
2. S. CAPITOL STREET (Near Suitland Pkwy split)
- Mile 15.4
- After crossing the Douglass Bridge, turn left on Douglass Bridge access road instead of running the out and back section on S. Capitol St. SE
- Cut off time: 10:30 am.
- Cuts off 2.6 miles from course.
3. ANACOSTIA ROLLER RINK LOOP
- Mile 19.8
- Right onto Nicholson instead of completing loop.
- Cut off time: 11:25 am.
- Cuts off 1.1 miles from the course.
4. FT. DUPONT PARK
- Mile 22.1
- Left on Minnesota Ave SE instead of straight through Randle Circle to Ft. Dupont Park entrance.
- Cut off time: 11:55 am.
- Cuts off 2 miles from course.
Marathon cut off timeline is based on the following:
- All marathon runners must cross the start line by 7:15 am
- A 12:36 per mile pace (5.5 hour pace)