BE PREPARED FOR RACE DAY
You’re ready to ROCK the Las Vegas #StripAtNight at the 2018 Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. Now, ensure you’re race-day ready by having a plan to navigate the Start and Finish Line venues and to maximize your on-course experience. Whether it’s your very first Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas or you’re a returning runner, please take note so you’re up to date and know where to go on race day. Also check out some great race etiquette tips here. Download the Start and Finish venue maps and read along:
Marathon & ½ Marathon Start Line
• Getting to the Start: Check out your best race weekend Transportation Options here and plan ahead to ensure you know the best options for getting around race weekend. The Las Vegas Monorail is the recommended transportation for race weekend so plan ahead and buy tickets to avoid waiting on race day. Walking directions and drop-off information can be found here.
• Start Line Festival: One of the awesome things about this race is that the Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Concert Series headliner takes place before the Marathon & ½ Marathon, so you will be amped up to start your race! Here are all details regarding the Festival (reference the Start Festival venue map here):
o The Start Line Festival is located in the parking lot behind Planet Hollywood at the corner of Harmon Ave & Koval Ln.
o The Festival will open at 2 PM. There is one entrance to the Festival venue (see Start Festival map). All participants must report to the Festival prior to the start of the race – you will NOT be able to go directly to the corrals.
o Headliner Capital Cities will play from 3:00 to 4:15 PM. There will also be interactive activations with our sponsors, refreshments (bagels, water, pretzels), beer service, ID check and musical entertainment throughout the Festival.
o UPS Gear Check will be available just outside the Festival venue (see map). Have your bag ready to go (see Final Information for instructions) when you drop it at the truck. Bags will be moved to the Finish in front of the Bellagio fountains. NOTE: Gear Check will close at 4:00 PM – all bags MUST be dropped by that time, no exceptions.
All start line restrooms are available in the lot next to the Festival lot, through the main Festival entrance. The next available restrooms will be on course so plan accordingly.
o Please familiarize yourself with the timeline for your colored corrals (see below) so you know when you can exit the venue at the designated Festival exit (see Start Festival map for exit location).
• Start Time: There are three colored start waves for this race: Blue (4:30 PM start), Green (5:00 PM start) & Yellow (5:30 PM start). All Marathon participants are assigned to the first twelve corrals in the Blue wave and must start in their assigned corral in order to have the full 5 hours to complete the marathon. Half Marathon participants are separated among the different colored waves based on projected finish time. All participants must report to the Festival before entering their corrals. The designated Festival exit (noted on the map) will open for the respective waves at select times and participants must be in their corral by the designated deadlines as follows:
o Blue Wave – Festival Exit/Blue Corrals open at 3:40 PM, close at 4:10 PM.
o Green Wave – Festival Exit/Green Corrals open at 4:10 PM, close at 4:40 PM
o Yellow Wave – Festival Exit/Yellow Corrals open at 4:40 PM, close at 5:10 PM
You will be directed to your corral by staff as noted on the Start Festival Map. If you miss the cutoff for your start wave, you will be moved to the next colored wave. You will not be able to start in an earlier wave on race day.
10K Start Line
• Start Time & Location: Don’t forget – your race starts at a different time and location than the Marathon & ½ Marathon Start! The 10K will start at 4:00 PM on Las Vegas Blvd in front of SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino.
• Start Elements: Refreshments, Medical, Information, Gear Check, restrooms, & musical entertainment will be at or near the start line for the 10K. Please reference the 10K Start Venue map for locations of all elements.
• Gear Check: UPS trucks will be parked behind the 10K start corrals. Have your bag ready to go (see Final Information for instructions) when you drop it at the truck. Trucks will move to the finish line across from the Bellagio fountains. Gear check will open at 3:00 PM and close promptly at 3:45 PM. All gear must be checked by that time, no exceptions. NOTE: Gear Check for the 10K will remain separate from the Marathon & 1/2 Marathon once at the finish.
• Corrals: Participants will be split into ten (10) corrals that will be sent off in waves starting at 4:00 PM. There will be approximately 1-2 minutes between each corral, so the entire wave plan will take approximately 10-20 minutes.
• Aid Stations: Familiarize yourself with where all water stations are located on course, including which ones have Gatorade and Science in Sports energy gels. Marathon & ½ Marathon participants will have an additional SiS gel station on course this year, and marathon participants will have a station with bananas, so you will be all set on race day! Restrooms will be available at or near all aid stations.
• Music: In addition to all of the awesome bands along the course and the bright lights of the Las Vegas Strip, be on the lookout for our new Mile Markers – not only are they easier to spot on race day, they literally rock with music playing at select miles and will be lit up for you to see at night!
• Race Etiquette: With a large number of participants, please follow runner etiquette to ensure that everyone has a positive and safe experience on course. Read race etiquette tips here.
• Course Time Limits: Remember that the course time limit is 4 hours for the half marathon and 5 hours for the marathon. Read your Final Information to understand your options to continue if you fall behind pace.
• Marathon/Half Marathon/10K Split: Be on the lookout for signage designating where the courses split to ensure you stay on course.
• Secure Zone: As you finish past the Mirage volcano, you will also experience some of the #LIT finish line elements you’ll see in Vegas only. Once you cross the finish line, you will make your way through the Secure Zone, where you will receive your medal, refreshments, water and beer. NOTE: The Secure Zone is 0.4 miles long in Las Vegas so save some energy for your “victory lap”! We’ll have a DJ keeping you amped as you make your way to the Secure Zone Exit.
• Secure Zone Exit: Participants will exit the Secure Zone at Flamingo Rd on Las Vegas Blvd. Check out the Finish Line venue map to see where you can pick up your additional medals, Marathon finisher prize, merch, and gear bag. With the large volume of people in the area, we recommend that you find a designated meeting spot for friends and family somewhere nearby and NOT in that specific intersection. Due to the Strip closure, taxis will be difficult to access so walking to your destination or taking the Monorail is recommended.
• Marathon Finishers: To celebrate your amazing accomplishment of finishing 26.2 miles, we are literally rolling out the red carpet for you as you cross the finish line. You will also earn rewards for completing 26.2 miles – a custom beanie and a doughnut! Pick up your prizes after you exit the Secure Zone.