Information regarding the 2018 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K is now available. Please check back for in the coming weeks for more information regarding road closures, alternate access and other community specific information, as information provided on this page is continuously added, updated and subject to change.
There have been changes to the 2018 Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon route and the Saturday 5k has been redesigned to tour the Lafayette Square area and the French Quarter. Please see below for course maps and more information.
- Sunday Road Closure rel="noopener noreferrer" Grid *
- Full/Half/10K Course Map *
- Saturday 5K Course Map * NEW COURSE!
- Saturday Road Closure Grid *
- Road rel="noopener noreferrer" Closure Notice *
- No Park Grid *
*Requires free Adobe Reader to rel="noopener noreferrer" view and print
Use the free Waze App on your smart phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon, ½ Marathon, & 10K will bring thousands of runners and walkers to New Orleans, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- On Saturday, March 3, the newly redesigned 5k will take place in and around Lafayette Square and the rel="noopener noreferrer" French Quarter.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! New Orleans residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Morial Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:00 pm on Sunday, March 4. Between 6:00 am and 7:00 a.m., police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The races begin at 7:00 am. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. The streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the routes will open earlier than roads along the end of the routes. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Road Closure Map
The below map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Please click on the icons for information about road closure times and/or general access information.
At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Alternate Access Routes
- Alternate Access Directions for Popular Places
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Church Access Directions and Passes
- Alternate Access Directions to St. Pius rel="noopener noreferrer" X Church *
- Alternate Directions to Lake Vista United Methodist Church *
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Public Transportation Information
RTA’s St. Charles Streetcar service will not operate until all runners have cleared St. Charles Avenue. Additional routes will experience delays or detours during the event, including but not limited to: 47 & 48-Canal Streetcars, rel="noopener noreferrer" 11-Magazine, 55-Elysian Fields, 88-St. Claude, 91-Jackson-Esplanade, 94-Broad. For a full list and more information regarding detours, please check the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority website at http://www.norta.com or call (504) 248-3900.
Buses will replace Street Cars on St. Charles beginning at 3:30 am until 11 am on race day.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. A complete list of No-Parking zones can be viewed here.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.