Information regarding the 2018 United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon San Francisco will be posted as available. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
Race date: Sunday, April 8, 2018
Start time: 6:15 am
- Course Map
- Road Closures
- No Parking Zones
- San Francisco Road Closure Brochure
- Fort Mazon/Farmers Market/Marina/Yacht Club Access
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your smart phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon San Francisco will bring thousands of runners and walkers to San Francisco, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! San Francisco residents are encouraged to visit the FREE Health & Fitness Expo at Pier 35, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners. The finish line festival is also free.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 5:30 am and 11:30am. The race begins at 6:15 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Road Closure Map
At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations by completing the community contact form.
Public Transportation Information
Please visit the SFMTA website for up to date information regarding public transportation on race day.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. A complete list of no parking zones is available here.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.