Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago features a two-day Health & Fitness Expo prior to the race, which all participants must visit to pick up their race packets. Free and open to the public, this expo features the latest in running technologies, fitness apparel, health & nutrition information and interactive displays.
Pick up some last-minute essentials before race day and be sure to visit the Brooks Official Merchandise Store. All runners must visit the expo to pick up their race number, gear bag and t-shirt.
- Date: July 19 – 20, 2019
- Location: McCormick Place, West Building - Hall F1
- Expo Hours:
- Friday, July 19: 12:00pm – 7:00pm
- Saturday, July 20: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Directions: For directions, please visit the McCormick Place website
- Parking Information
- Free and open to the public
- All registered participants must attend Athlete Check-In and pick-up their own individual materials. Bibs will not be given to friends or family members under any circumstance.
**For participant inquiries, please contact our customer service department with questions and concerns.
Peter Kline – Friday, July 19th, 4:30pm -5:30pm, adjacent to the Rock ‘n’ Roll Booth
- After losing his close friend, Scott Patrick, who motivated him to run as a fundraiser in Boston, Peter decided to start running with a new purpose: to give people with physical disabilities the chance to compete in a marathon. Since 2012, Peter has been helping rider athletes fulfill their marathon dreams in races across the US.
Kathrine Switzer – Friday, July 19th, 1-2pm, Humana Booth, 3pm-4pm, 261 Fearless Booth and Saturday, July 20th 12pm-1pm, 261 Fearless Booth, 2-3pm, Humana Booth
- In 1967, Switzer became the first women to run the Boston Marathon. She has run 39 marathons, won the 1974 New York City Marathon and in 1975, her two-hour and 51-minute marathon in Boston was ranked sixth in the world and third in the USA in women’s marathon.
Dathan Ritzenhien – Saturday, July 20th, 12pm-1pm, adjacent to Rock ‘n’ Roll Booth
- Since turning professional in 2004, Dathan has held the American record in the 5K, won three USA Cross Country Championships and competed in the 10K at the2012 London Olympics.