2019 PARTICIPANT INFO
Montréal Oasis International Marathon: new courses, more music and a whole new experience!
Free and open to the public, the expo features the latest in running technologies, fitness apparel, health & nutritional information and interactive displays.
Find my BIB Number
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
When you arrive at the Expo to pick up your bib, bring a photo ID. Also have your bib number on hand. Your registration confirmation will indicate your bib number and your start corral.
If you are picking up a bib for another runner you must have their signed waiver form printed out and one of your photo ID.
Don’t forget to complete the medical information on the back.
- Friday, September 20. 2019: 8 a.m to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, September 21, 2019: 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Palais des Congrès, 1001 Jean-Paul-Riopelle Pl, Montreal, QC H2Z 1H5
The deadline for changing distances is September 2, 2019 or SELL OUT of that particular distance, whichever occurs first.
To a shorter distance
- Before the deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your name, surname, mailing address that you registered with and your new predicted finish time.
- After the deadline: If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply show up to the start line of the desired distance on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in. Please note the start time and location of your desired distance.
To a longer distance
- Before the deadline: To upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance simply email this request along with your name, surname, mailing address registered with and your new predicted finish time. The early upgrade fee is $10 plus the cost difference between the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration and the desired distance’s fee at the time of original registration (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference).
- After the deadline: If you would like to upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the Solutions table.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying speeds. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, along with other participants of similar running pace.
- Before the deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email your request along with your first name, last name, mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time.
- After the deadline: Make your way to the corral changes table within the registration area after you receive your bib. There will be no change of corrals on the morning of the race.
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. No exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and affiliated events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon. You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. You must be at least 10 years old to participate in the 10k. You must be at least 8 years old to participate in the 5k.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- Race numbers are required to be worn at all times during the race.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
The bag you received at the Expo is your gear bag for race day. On race morning, attach your gear tag (attached beforehand to your bib) to your gear bag before you leave it at gear check, where bib numbers will be written on several school busses. The school busses will be placed in bib order. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated gear check area before 11 a.m on Saturday and 2 p.m on Sunday. Please note there will not be any gear check for the 1K.
DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
Opening hours for gear check: 6:30 a.m to 11 a.m on Saturday, 6 a.m to 2 p.m on Sunday
Where: Complexe Desjardins, place centrale at Métro level (Saturday and Sunday)
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, a wave start will be used. Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line. At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released. By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets.
- Marathon: 6 hours
- Half-marathon: 3 hours 45 minutes
- 10k: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 5k: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1k: 30 minutes
You must complete the course within the established time limits for your safety.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
An Information Booth will be positioned at the finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booth will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth.
Any valuable items NOT claimed by the end of the Finish Line Festival will be sent back to our office. To claim a lost item after the event, join us by email.
The medical team consists of medical professionals who are at your service. There are medical positions at the start, the finish and at regular intervals along the route. Medical personnel wear red to be easily identified. To facilitate the work of medical teams, it is critical that you fill out the medical history information on the back of your race bib.
Race timing is by Sportstats using chip on the bib technology which will automatically record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. Sportstats will be using disposable tags, glued onto your race bib, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
Note: All participants in the race must wear their race bib with the tag intact in order to have their times recorded. No bib = no time! Please make sure the race bib is pinned at torso height at the front and is visible throughout the race.
Runner Tracking Application
Your friends, family and fans can track your progress on race day using our real time-runner tracking.
- Additional highlights of the app include:
- Participant times, paces, estimates and places in real-time
- Live Runner Tracking
- Interactive Course maps
- Push notifications as progress is made on course
- Event information and messaging
- Live Leaderboards
- Social sharing
When you finish your race, you will be directed in the secure zone, a fenced area reserved for race participants only. In this area, you will receive your medal, water, and other post-race refreshments.
After you lead the secure zone, turn left to enter the Finish Line Festival, enjoy the concert and celebrate your accomplishment.
Note: Once you leave the secure zone, you cannot go back in.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage.
Age Group Awards
Age Group Awards for the Marathon and Half Marathon will be distributed at the event during the awards ceremony.
|Age divisions Half-Marathon||Age divisions Marathon|
- 10k: Top 3 men and Top 3 women
- 5k: Top 3 men and Top 3 women