Are you ready to ROCK San Francisco like never before as amplify you’re running experience with more music and entertainment, more support and more ways to celebrate your accomplishment? We’re making 2018 our best year yet and we can’t wait for you to experience the United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon San Francisco like never before! Scroll down and check out all things #RnRSanFrancisco and we’ll see you April 8 for our best year yet!
Inspired by San Francisco’s famous Lombard Street—as well as its colorful town homes throughout the city, its notorious hills and the iconic cable cars—this medal will be the perfect reminder of your 13.1 mile journey through San Francisco.
THE NEW AND IMPROVED EXPERIENCE
In 2018, we’re bringing you more music and course entertainment, more support and more ways to celebrate than ever before. From mile markers that literally rock, free Ghirardelli chocolate, bigger and better band stages and so much more, this is one year you’ll be glad you’re running with us! Check out some of the new additions for this year’s race below.
- New, Illuminated Start Line Corral Markers
- Improved Visibility Pacer Signs
- New Bib-Tag Timing Technology
- New Mobile App W/ Improved Participant Tracking
- Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series Custom Spotify Playlists
- Improved On Course Band Stages
- Improved Mile Markers that (literally) Rock
- More Gel and Aid Stations On Course
- Improved Start and Finish Lines
- FREE Ghirardelli Chocolate at the Finish Line
Check out the BRAND NEW 2018 course, with a new Start Line next to PIER 39, picturesque miles across the Golden Gate Bridge pedestrian and bike paths (open only to race participants on race day), and a new Finish Line next to Ghirardelli Square, right in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf!
2018 COURSE MAP
Make sure you stick around after the race to check out all that PIER 39, Ghirardelli Square and Fisherman’s Wharf has to offer!
HEADLINER & COURSE ENTERTAINMENT
Check out the 2018 United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon San Francisco headliner, Tainted Love!
Based in San Francisco, with fans all over the world, Tainted Love is a 1980s cover band that has been paying faithful tribute to one of the greatest musical decades. Playing hits from AC/DC, KISS, and Bruce Springsteen, Tainted Love will cap off the amplified 2018 United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon San Francisco weekend!
Opening Act: Sweet Plot
Get warmed up for Tainted Love with an opening act from Sweet Plot, a band whose music energizes and connects with the audience in a way that makes their shows bigger than just the band itself. Check out the schedule and get ready to celebrate your accomplishment!
We’re stepping up our game in 2018 and bringing you an experience like never before! Even with the city sound restrictions on amplified sound we’re going to keep you ROCKIN’ every step of the way. Check out some of the ways we’ll be taking our on-course music and entertainment game to the next level!
- Music at the Start Line!
- Anyone who’s ran SF before will tell you this has always been something the race has been missing. But in 2018 we’ll have you ROCKIN’ by 5:45am (7am in previous years) and pumped to race by our 6:15am start.
- 9 Improved On-Course Band Stages
- Along your journey you’ll notice our new and improved band stages. Keeping bands front and center to keep you motivated all along the course.
- 4 On-Course Activation
- Take a selfie with Elvis at the Elvis fist bump station, pay tribute to our fallen soldiers on the wear blue mile and more.
- Mile Markers that literally ROCK
- No more silent mile markers, these markers will let you know your next mile is coming.
- Pacers with Jammypacks
- Even your official pacers, Run Club SF, will be jamming out with you!
- Brand New Custom Spotify Playlists
- Get pumped for your run through our custom BPM Rock ‘n’ Roll Spotify playlists. Take the quiz and find our which playlist is right for you!
- Finish Line Festival Headliner Concert
- Don’t forget to stick around after the race to enjoy Tainted Love and everything Ghirardelli Square has to offer.
In 2018, we’re not only bringing more music to your miles, we’re also putting more music on you! Inspired by the roots of rock and roll and showcasing the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco skyline, this tech t-shirt will be the perfect reminder of your amplified run through San Francisco.