Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series Savannah, known for having the most beautiful course in the Rock ‘n’ Roll circuit takes runners through the Historic District, showing off views of Victorian homes, Spanish moss, antebellum architecture and ends in the iconic Forsyth Park. This course is flat and fast, making it perfect for first timers and PR chasers.
- Date: November 6, 2021
- Start Time: 07:30 AM*
- Time Limit: 4 hours * Times subject to change
- Start Line: Bay Street at Bull Street
- Finish Line: Forsyth Park
The first relay team member will run the first leg of the half marathon. The relay exchange between team members will take place roughly midway through the 13.1 mile course, at the designated relay transition point at Taylor St and Habersham St. From there the second relay team member will run the remainder of the course to the finish line located at Forsyth Park.
Transition Zone location: Taylor St at Habersham St (Whitefield Square) – approximately mile 6.6
Relay Reunion Zone location: Anderson St at Abercorn St – approximately mile 12.9
2-person half marathon relay participants have the opportunity to cross the finish line as one team! The first relay team member will walk from the Relay Transition Zone after completing the first half of the course (only a 0.5 mile walk) or take the complimentary shuttle to the Relay Reunion Zone. As the second relay team member runs toward the finish and approaches the Relay Reunion Zone at mile 12.9, the first relay team member can join their team and crush the last 0.2 miles together as they cross the finish line, collect their medals and refreshments, and head to the Finish Line Festival!
Step-by-Step Relay Details
2-Person Half Marathon Relay participants have the opportunity to cross the finish line as one team! Check out all the details below:
- Runner #1 starts the race at Bay and Bull St.
- Runner #1 completes the first leg (approximately 6.6 miles), ending at the Relay Transition Zone where Runner #2 is waiting to ROCK.
- Runner #2 runner begins their run or walk for the second leg of the relay (approximately 6.5 miles)
- Runner #1 receives food and beverages in the rockin’ Relay Transition Zone. Runner #1 then walks 0.5 miles or takes the complimentary shuttle towards the Relay Reunion Zone to wait for Runner #2.
- Runner #2 runs towards the Relay Reunion Zone (approximately mile 12.9), where Runner #1 can join as they both run the last 0.2 miles together and cross the finish line!
By the Numbers
- 2-Person teams
- 2 Legs*:
- 1st Leg Distance – 6.6 miles
- 2nd Leg Distance – 6.5 miles
*Leg split distances subject to change
- What if I do not want to wait for my teammate at the Relay Reunion Zone to cross the finish line?
- It’s okay. You can go ahead and cross the finish line on your own, collect your medal, and go through the Secure Zone to your refreshments. You will NOT be allowed to cross the finish line again when your partner comes through so choose your moment of glory wisely!
- How far away is the Relay Reunion Zone from the Relay Transition Zone?
- After Runner #1 completes the first leg of the relay, they can walk 0.5 miles from the Relay Transition Zone to the Relay Reunion Zone to meet Runner #2 or take the complimentary shuttle from the Transition to Reunion zone. Then both runners can triumphantly run into the finish together. NOTE: This is only 0.2 miles farther than the previous walk from the Relay Reunion Zone to the Finish Line.
- How will I know when Runner #2 is approaching the Relay Reunion Zone?