NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The “2024 Remix Challenge Medal Design Contest” (the “Contest”) is subject to these official rules (the “Official Rules”).
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be:
“Immediate family members” means parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, half-siblings, spouses, and domestic partners. “Household members” means people who have the same residence at least three (3) months during the past twelve (12) months. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. The use of multiple identities is prohibited and will void each of that participant’s/person’s entries.
3. Sponsor & Administrator: Competitor Group, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Operator”) located at 3407 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant represents and warrants that (i) they have read and understood, and fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts, these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest and (ii) that they are eligible to enter the Contest in accordance with any and all applicable laws and these Official Rules. Sponsor shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed – including but not limited to rules regarding deadlines, Winner selection, Prize restrictions, and eligibility – and all such decisions are final. By participating, entrant irrevocably, fully and unconditionally waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and/or in any other Contest and/or Contest- related advertising or materials. Winning any Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. Contest Period: The Contest period begins at or about 8:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 24, 2023 and ends at or about 11:59 PM ET on May 24, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest. The Contest shall include a Submission Period, a Judging Period, and a Voting Period as follows:
8:00 AM ET
11:59 PM ET
8:00 AM ET
11:59 PM ET
6. Contest Objective: The objective of the Contest is to submit a photo or video of an original work of art (in accordance with the requirements below) depicting a proposed medal design for the 2024 Remix Challenge races (“Design(s)”). Designs do not need to incorporate ribbon designs. The Designs should reflect the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series by presenting an element of music and/or entertainment that is relevant to the Series as a whole and is not event specific. For example, a Remix Challenge medal depicting one of Nashville’s Honky Tonks will not meet this criteria (the “Theme”).
7. How to Enter: Designs must be submitted from 8:00 AM ET on April 24, 2023 through 11:59 PM ET on May 12, 2023 (the “Entry Period”).
8. During the Entry Period, participants can go to https://ironmaneurope.wufoo.com/forms/2024-remix-challenge- design-contest/ and access the online entry form for the Contest. Participants who complete an official Contest entry form with all required information, which may include participant’s name (initials not permitted), e-mail address, phone number, and a digital photo of the proposed Design, and complete the transaction will receive one (1) entry for the Contest. Entries that do not contain all of the non-optional data are void and will be rejected without any notice to participant. Participants will be given the option to receive commercial e-mails from Sponsor, but eligibility to participate in the Contest is not dependent upon participant's consent to receive such e- mails. DATA RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. WIRELESS SERVICE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL AREAS.
9. Content Requirements:
10. Content Restrictions: Participants must not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any entry: (a) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities;(d) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (e) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (f) content that denigrates, disparages, or reflects negatively on the Released Parties or their owners and employees; (g) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (h) dangerous stunts; (i) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives, or projectiles; (j) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (k) individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; (l) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produces video, etc.); and (m) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state/territory/province where the entry is created. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor will be disqualified.
11. By entering the Contest, each participant who submits an entry agrees (i) that his or her Design is an original work of authorship and he or she owns all right, title and interest in and to the Design as of the date of submission; and(ii) that the submission, publication, and/or reproduction of the Design in connection with the Contest will not, in any way, infringe upon the rights of any third party or will not otherwise violate the Lanham Act or 17 U.S.C.
12. Each entrant is limited to only one (1) entry in the Contest. Any attempt by an individual entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry, whether by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, post cards, registrations, email addresses, logins, or via any other methods, will void all of such entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified from further participation or from registering anew at Sponsor’s discretion. Entries received in excess of the above stated limitation and any entries that do not follow the above format, comply with the Content Restrictions, or otherwise with these Official Rules, will be void. Any use of automated, programmed, or similar entry methods or agents will void all entries by the entrant who employs, or causes to be employed, such methods. Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address as another entrant. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor or its designee and such entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
14. Judging Period: At the end of the Entry Period, Sponsor whose decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, will commence the judging on all eligible entries received during the Entry Period (the “Judging Period”). Each Design will be judged by Sponsor based on the following criteria:
All criteria are weighted equally with a maximum score of 10 points each (i.e., the total maximum score would be 40). In the case of a tie among any potential Designs, such tied Designs will be re-judged based on creativity of the Design 0-10 points.
15. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the requirements herein, the five (5) most compelling Designs (as determined during the Judging Period) will advance to receive votes from the public during the Voting Period (outlined above) at https://ironmaneurope.wufoo.com/forms/2024-remix-challenge-voting/. Limit one (1) vote per person. The entrant whose Design receives the most qualifying votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the “Grand Prize Winner” and will win the Grand Prize. In the event of a voting tie, the tied Designs will be judged by Sponsor based on feasibility of production 0-10 points. The four (4) non-winning Designs will each be deemed a “Runner-Up Winner”. Each Runner-Up Winner will receive a Runner-Up Prize. The Grand Prize Winner and the Runner-Up Winner(s) are collectively referred to herein as the “Winner(s)”.
16. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any vote(s)/voter(s) deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the voting process; (b) submitting more than the maximum number of votes allowed per day; or (c) violating these Official Rules or applicable law in any way. In addition, entrants (or voters) are not allowed to use or promote the use of any voting board or voting forum to increase their vote total. Any entrant/voter suspected of using or promoting use of a voting board or voting forum may be subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants/voters may not incentivize voting through the use of personal giveaways, sweepstakes, or contests. Any entrant found attempting to violate or encourage violation of the voting limits and restrictions will be disqualified (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion).
17. Grand Prize: One (1) Winner will be awarded a 2024 Unlimited TourPass (the “Grand Prize”). TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED. Winner will be responsible for all transportation such as an airline flight, hotel, automobile transportation to/from airports, and transportation on race day or otherwise at the race(s). Valid for Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series races between January 1, 2024 and December 31, 2024 only. Race entries not used on or before December 31, 2024 at 11:59pm EST will be void. The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $899.
18. Runner-Up Prize: Each of the four (4) Runner-Up Winners will receive a complimentary entry into two (2) race distances of their choosing during the same 2024 Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series event weekend of their choosing. For example, entry into the 5K race on day 1 and entry into the half marathon on day 2 of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas race (the “Runner-Up Prize”). TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED. Winner will be responsible for all transportation such as an airline flight, hotel, automobile transportation to/from airports, and transportation on race day or otherwise at the race(s). Valid only for Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series races with two days of racing between January 1, 2024 and December 31, 2024. Race entries not used on or before December 31, 2024 at 11:59pm EST will be void. ARV of each Runner-Up Prize is $268. ARV of all Runner- Up Prizes is $1,072.
19. The Grand Prize and the Runner-Up Prize are collectively referred to as the “Prize(s)”.
20. Total ARV: The total ARV of all Prizes awarded in the Contest is $1,971.
21. Notification: The potential Winners will be notified by email at the email address provided by such entrant. To claim their Prize, the potential Winners must: (a) respond as directed within two (2) days after the first notification attempt (the entrant is responsible for ensuring that their email address is enabled); and (b) return to the Sponsor, by the date and manner specified, the applicable Verification Paperwork (defined below) as may be required by the Sponsor.
22. If any potential Winner does not respond within two (2) days after the first notification attempt, or fails to comply with any of these Official Rules, or if the Sponsor determines that the potential Winner is ineligible or disqualified, or declines the Prize for any reason, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, Sponsor may either (i) select the next eligible runner up as an alternate winner or (ii) void the Prize.
23. Noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of the Prize (or any portion thereof) or Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture. Entrants acknowledge that (a) it is their responsibility to check their emails and/or notifications to ensure they receive any notification from Sponsor in connection with this Contest, and (b) Sponsor will not be held responsible for any failure by the Winner to timely claim the Prize in connection with the Winner’s failure to receive any email and/or notification transmitted by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, unauthenticated, or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any entry that, or entrant who, does not comply with these Official Rules in its sole discretion. All Contest decisions shall be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
24. All Prize values referenced in these Official Rules shall be in United States Dollars (“USD”).
25. Event dates are determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor and may be subject to change. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside its control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any event or any other scheduled event or closure of venue.
26. The use of an entry for any particular event is subject to availability, and once issued, each entry is for only the specific race and the specific year, and cannot be used for, or deferred for, entry in any other race or the designated race in a later year. For the avoidance of doubt, such entry cannot be used to participate in any world championship events.
27. All Prize details shall be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize consists only of those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the Prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, provincial, state and local taxes (if any), VAT taxes or fees, surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, additional or non-included transportation, travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, Internet access, personal items, service or facility charges, and upgrades.
28. Verified Winner(s) will receive instructions on claiming or receiving Prize elements. If Prize is mailed or shipped, Winner shall assume all risk of loss, damage, theft, late or missed delivery. Upon fulfilling any Prize, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to Winner and such Winner assumes full responsibility for the Prize. The Sponsor is not responsible if a Winner does not use the race entry on the day of the race.
29. Prize or Prize components are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash, may not be sold, bartered, or auctioned, and must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions. The right to receive any Prize is not transferrable. Any Prize or potion thereof not used or accepted by Winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prizes may not be substituted except that Sponsor in its discretion may substitute a Prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
30. Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Released Parties. Merchandise prize components (if any) carry no warranty other than that offered by manufacturer. Released Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
31. If the actual value of any individual component of the Prize is less than the relevant value listed above or if the actual value of the Prize is less than the aggregate ARV stated herein, the Winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
32. Verification Paperwork: The potential Winner will be notified as set forth above and, as a condition of receiving a Prize, may be required to present valid photo identification and/or required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability waiver, a Publicity Release (where legal), an Irrevocable, Royalty- Free Assignment of the Participant's Rights (defined below) in favor of Sponsor, tax forms and/or other legal documents (collectively, “Verification Paperwork”). AN ENTRANT IS NOT A ‘WINNER’ OF THE CONTEST PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY. If Verification Paperwork is provided to Winner, Winner must return the completed Verification Paperwork within ten (10) days of receipt.
33. Promotional Use of Likeness: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and its affiliates’, agents’, designees, or affiliated third parties’ to use entrant’s name, voice, likeness, statements, photographs (including the use and appearance of entrant’s photograph on Sponsor’s website/social media pages or channels), audiovisual recordings, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for purpose of advertising the Contest, any subsequent Contest, contest, or other promotion by Sponsor, any event owned or licensed by Sponsor, or for any other commercial purpose, in each case in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, without payment, consideration, notice, or approval.
34. Fraud: In the event that Sponsor learns of any fraud (or any intended fraud) in connection with the presentation of the Contest or the distribution/collection of any Prize, or in the event Sponsor otherwise learns of any other illegal activity in connection with the Contest, Sponsor may modify or cancel the Contest. Any and all such determinations shall be made in the sole reasonable judgment of Sponsor. All Contest decisions shall be final, and each entrant will have no right, pursuant to these Official Rules or otherwise, to challenge the Contest or the Prize decisions.
35. Irrevocable Grant of Exclusive Rights to Design; Transfer of Ownership: PLEASE NOTE THAT, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE GIVING UP SIGNIFICANT AND SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS IN AND TO YOUR DESIGN, WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE THE WINNER.
36. The term “Released Parties” shall mean (a) Sponsor and its related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, event hosts, sponsors, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, members, and agents; (b) any other company involved in the development or administration of the Contest; and (c) their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, Prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons.
37. By participating in the Contest, you agree that the Released Parties: (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undeliverable, damaged or stolen, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participant’s printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, the printing of this offer, the administration of the Contest, the selection or announcement of the Winner(s) or Prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in the Contest or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select Winner(s) because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest, selection of Winner(s), verification of the Winner(s), the Prize or otherwise in any other Contest and/or Contest-related materials; (h) are not responsible for any interruptions/postponement/cancellation of the Contest; and (i) are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of any one or more of the Released Parties.
38. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OR EFFECT OF THE FOREGOING: NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CONTEST. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CONTEST OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF THE PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
39. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAS MADE OR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, WHETHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR PRIZE.
40. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability of any person), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation, or inability to participate, in the Contest, or any Contest- related or Prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Contest; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of the Prize; (d) unauthorized intervention in the Contest; (e) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; (f) any “moral rights” or “droit moral” of such entrant or unfair contest with respect to use or exploitation of such entrant’s Design; (g) any technical error related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (h) printing errors; (i) any error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (j) any late, lost, or undeliverable entry; or (k) taxes related to, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, receipt or use of any part of any Prize by any person.
41. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability for any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to the reasonable out-of-pocket expenses actually paid for by the entrant that are directly related to entering and participating in this Contest (which, for the avoidance of doubt, excludes, for example, telephone expenses and Internet access), and in no event shall any of the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees.
42. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR PERSON, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOST PROFITS OR INCOME, OR LOSS OF CONSORTIUM, OR CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES, AND THE ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.
43. Choice of Forum: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prizes awarded or not awarded shall be resolved solely individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (Tampa Division) or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Hillsborough County, Florida.
44. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, or enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
45. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Contest-related materials, including but not limited to television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
51. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL®, and ROCK ‘N’ ROLL RUNNING SERIES® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF WORLD TRIATHLON CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
52. Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest.
53. Winner List: For a statement of the identification of the Winners in the Contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, making a request to receive such information, to: “2024 Remix Challenge Medal Design Contest – Winner List Request, c/o World Triathlon Corporation Marketing Department, 3407 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607”. Such requests must be received by September 2, 2023.
* * * * * *
Official Rules © 2023 Competitor Group, Inc.