At a Glance
Date: October 25, 2020
Start Time: 10:00 AM*
Time Limit: 6 hours
* Times subject to change
Start Line: Albert Dock, Liverpool Waterfront
Finish Line: Liverpool Echo Arena, Liverpool Waterfront
Here is a summary of the 2020 marathon course:
- The start line will be at the iconic Royal Albert Dock and shortly after you will pass the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Pierhead, the Beatles Statue the Liver building – all of this in the first mile!
- After mile 1 the course turns left at the Superlambanana and proceeds across Leeds Street towards the north of the city. Prince Edwin street will provide a short but challenging climb (downhill on the way back, don’t worry!) on the way to the two football stadiums.
- The first stadium is Everton’s Goodison Park, passing through the famous Dixie Dean gates before taking in a full 360-degree loop of the stadium. The Evertonians hospitality will be on full display at a mini Fanpark with a band, DJ and water station.
- Stanley park plays host to miles 5-7.5 of the course which will then lead runners towards a real crowd-pleaser! Liverpool’s FC’s Anfield Stadium is back by popular demand! The route will take you past the Shankly Gates, through the Kop Stand and past the Hillsborough Memorial.
- The course then retraces its steps back through the city centre, winding its way past sights such as the Eleanor Rigby Statue, Matthew Street, John Lennon Statue and the Cavern Club.
- The second half of the course keeps the city tour going as you pass Chinatown and the Chinese Arch, Anglican Cathedral, Princes Park, Sefton Park, Penny Lane and the Otterspool Promenade along the river Mersey.
- The final push is rewarded with the riverside finish on the Kings Parade waterfront at Exhibition Centre Liverpool, followed by the finish festival concert and free beer at the M&S Bank Arena Piazza.
*2020 marathon route is subject to change
Updated road closure information and traffic diversion routes and times are being prepared and will be available here