This article is presented by Certified Piedmontese Beef.
Courtesy of our title partner at Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio comes this perfect summer beef recipe. Certified Piedmontese Beef naturally includes a higher protein-to-calorie ratio and more beneficial nutrients for faster recovery. A cut of Piedmontese beef is 30% lower in fat and calories than average beef, yet higher in protein. Certain Certified Piedmontese cuts have even earned the American Heart Association's "Heart Healthy" seal of approval.
This tequila-lime and herb cutting board sauce is the perfect compliment to tender, grass-fed ribeye. The beauty of a cutting board sauce is that the pan-seared ribeye rests on a herbaceous and zesty sauce bed, slowly dripping warm steak jus throughout the sauce. Everything is sliced and served on the same board making for a real show stopper.
1) Combine ingredients and spread over a cutting board with an edge "trench"
1) Season steak with salt and pepper or your favorite steak rub.
2) Pan-sear or grill your ribeye over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes a side until you hit an internal temperature of 10 degrees Fahrenheit below your desired finished temperature. Using a meat thermometer will give you the most accurate results.
3) Let the ribeye rest on your cutting board sauce for 5-10 minutes to let the steak juices mingle with your sauce.
4) Slice and toss the ribeye in the sauce and serve family style.