This article is presented by Certified Piedmontese Beef.
Courtesy of our title partner at Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio comes this perfect summer beef recipe. Certified Piedmontese Beef naturally includes a higher protein-to-calorie ratio and more beneficial nutrients for faster recovery. A cut of Piedmontese beef is 30% lower in fat and calories than average beef, yet higher in protein. Certain Certified Piedmontese cuts have even earned the American Heart Association's "Heart Healthy" seal of approval.
Related: Don't Let Age Slow You Down
This tequila-lime and herb cutting board sauce is the perfect compliment to tender, grass-fed ribeye. The beauty of a cutting board sauce is that the pan-seared ribeye rests on a herbaceous and zesty sauce bed, slowly dripping warm steak jus throughout the sauce. Everything is sliced and served on the same board making for a real show stopper.
1) Combine ingredients and spread over a cutting board with an edge "trench"
1) Season steak with salt and pepper or your favorite steak rub.
2) Pan-sear or grill your ribeye over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes a side until you hit an internal temperature of 10 degrees Fahrenheit below your desired finished temperature. Using a meat thermometer will give you the most accurate results.
3) Let the ribeye rest on your cutting board sauce for 5-10 minutes to let the steak juices mingle with your sauce.
4) Slice and toss the ribeye in the sauce and serve family style.
Certified Piedmontese Beef is the Official Title Sponsor and Official Beef Partner of Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio. Learn more at Piedmontese.com.