How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon by Registering Online.
Once you have completed your registration, you may confirm your registration by logging into MyEvents which contains all your ACTIVE.com purchases.
- Log into the MyEvents web page at http://www.myevents.active.com
- Your username will be the email address which you used to sign up
- Use the “Forgot My Password” link if needed
- Once logged in, you will see all events which you have signed up for, thus confirming your registration
If they were imported or if they were registered by another person, they will have to use these instructions to claim their registration:
If you were registered by another individual, you may claim your registration by first creating an ACTIVE.com account and then logging into http://myevents.active.com.
Note: In order to claim your registration, you must create an ACTIVE.com user account and have your unique Registration ID. The Name, Email Address, Gender, and DOB of the ACTIVE.com account must match the registration you are claiming.
Creating an ACTIVE.com Account:
- Go to active.com
- In upper right hand corner, click Sign Up
- Enter your Email Address (make sure this is the one you were registered under)
- Click Join Now
- Complete all required information
- Name, Email Address, Gender, and DOB must match your registration exactly
- Click Create My Account
Claiming a Registration:
- Log into MyEventswith the ACTIVE.com account you just created (http://www.myevents.active.com)
- Enter Registration Number (R-XXXXXXXX)into Claim Registration text box in the top right corner of the page
- The system will look to match your ACTIVE.com account information with your Registration ID, if all four points match (Name, Email, Gender, DOB) you will be prompted to claim the registration
If no registration is found, please contact us.
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the ‘Personalize your Bib’ field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
All runners are required to visit the Health & Fitness Expo on Thursday, November 8, Friday, November 9 or Saturday, November 10 to pick up their own bib number, t-shirt and gear check bag. 5K bib numbers must be picked up at the Health & Fitness Expo by 4:30 pm on Saturday, November 10, preceding the 6:00 pm start time.
- This opportunity is first come, first serve. Once sold out, we will not offer any other race day bib pick up at the start line
- Once you register for this service, you will not receive a refund if you pick up your bib at the expo
- Friends or family cannot pick up your bib for you on race day
- 10K bib numbers will be available at the 10K start line (Las Vegas Blvd. & Sahara Ave.)
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance
Before the event deadline (SEPTEMBER 27): If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
After the event deadline (SEPTEMBER 27):
- If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance that will take place on the same day as your current registration, simply show up to the start line on race day and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in. Please note the 10K starts at a different time and at a different location than the marathon & half marathon.
- If you decide to switch from a longer distance to the Saturday 5K, please pick up your assigned bib number at the Expo and proceed to the “Solutions” table.
Switching from the HALF Marathon to FULL Marathon
- Before the event deadline (SEPTEMBER 27): To upgrade from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon simply contact our Customer Service and provide your name and new predicted finishing time. The early upgrade fee is $20 when changing from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon.
- After the event deadline (SEPTEMBER 27): If you would like to upgrade from the Half Marathon to Full Marathon, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. The late upgrade fee is $35 when changing from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon at the Expo.
Switching from any other SHORTER distance to any other LONGER distance (does not include the Half Marathon to Full Marathon upgrade)
- Before the event deadline (SEPTEMBER 27): To upgrade from any other shorter distance to any other longer distance, simply contact our Customer Service and provide your name and new predicted finishing time. The early upgrade fee is the difference in price between the registration fees charged at the time of registration, plus a $10 upgrade fee (processing fee is not included when calculating price difference).
- After the event deadline (SEPTEMBER 27): If you would like to upgrade from any other shorter distance to any other longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. You will be charged the appropriate fee based on the distance you are currently registered for and your desired distance.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
Corral assignments will be enforced on race day with security at each corral entrance. We are not being mean, we simply want to provide the best running experience possible to each of our participants!
BEFORE SEPTEMBER 27: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
AFTER SEPTEMBER 27: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your bib number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary if moving back.
2018 Event Registration Refund Program
Allianz Global Assistance offers Registration Protector
Registration Protector gives participants the opportunity to fully insure their entry. If you can’t attend this event for any number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more, you’ll be reimbursed for your registration cost, fees and other related costs. Just add it to your entry upon checkout! Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. See full coverage details.
To file a claim, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-888-497-6989 or visit them online here
To contact Allianz Global Assitance directly by email: email@example.com
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon, 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon, 10 years old to participate in the 10K and 8 years old to participate in the 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for marathon and half marathon age group category awards.
Parking & Transportation
2018 Information Coming Soon!
Please refer to our Road Closures page for ALL information regarding access over race weekend.
Gear check will be provided at the start line festival courtesy of our friends at UPS. Details will be communicated in the Final Information documents prior to race weekend.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, we have the following course time limits:
- Marathon: 5 hours
- Half marathon: 4 hours
- 10K: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 5K: 1 hour
- This is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant for each distance crosses the start line.
- All marathoners will be placed in the blue wave. Therefore, the 5 hour time limit begins when the last blue start participant crosses the start line, approx. 4:45 PM
- It is imperative for ALL participants to start in their assigned corrals
- If a marathoner starts in the green or yellow start, you will not have the full 5 hours to complete the event.
- Diversion times and locations for each distance are noted below. You must adhere to course staff implementing these diversions.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 10 pm will be sent back to our San Diego office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group here.
Run Through Wedding
2018 RUN THROUGH WEDDING INFORMATION
Couples will tie the knot or renew their vows in front of thousands of runners & witnesses! This is the ultimate chance to proclaim your love in an unforgettable, “only in Vegas” experience!
Online registration to participate in the 2018 Run Through Wedding is now live. To register click below:2018 Run Through Wedding Registration
NOTE: You MUST be registered for the Marathon or Half Marathon distance to participate in the Run Through Wedding. Register for your race distance by clicking below:2018 Race Registration
Once you are registered for the race AND the Run Through Wedding, you will receive emails with event details as they are confirmed.
As of 8/8/2018, event details for location and timing are still being confirmed as we finalize the course. More information coming soon and will be emailed out when available!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional inquires.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the finish as well as at the start and along the course. Look for large RED and WHITE tents and for our medical volunteers dressed in RED shirts for complimentary help before, during and after the race.
Support stations will be located throughout each race course to help you stay fresh from start to finish!
2018 Course Support Coming Soon!
Race timing is by Sportstats using chip on the bib technology which will automatically record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. Sportstats will be using disposable tags, glued onto your race bib, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
Please Note: All participants in the race must wear their race bib with the tag intact in order to have their times recorded. No bib = no time! Please make sure the race bib is pinned at torso height at the front and is visible throughout the race.
Visit Sportstats.us for more information.
Our friends at the Las Vegas Track Club will provide the Official Pace Team for race day! Experienced pacers will help you reach the finish line at your goal time. Pace teams are FREE and open to all participants. Visit the Pace Team booth at the Health and Fitness Expo to join a pace team. Pace groups are offered in the following times:
In 2018 we have an all new app that includes real time-runner tracking. Share this with your friends, family and fans so they can track your progress on race day.
- Additional highlights of the app include:
- Participant times, paces, estimates and places in real-time
- Live Runner Tracking
- Interactive Course maps
- Push notifications as progress is made on course
- Event information and messaging
- Live Leaderboards
- Social sharing
Please note: We will not be offering SMS Runner Tracking in 2018. If you have the old Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series app, please delete it and download the new version.
Once you cross the finish line, you will enter the “secure zone”, a 0.4 mile long fenced off area designated for participants only.
In the secure zone you will receive your medal, water, refuel refreshments, and have your photo taken. Once you leave the secure zone you will not be allowed to re-enter.
Save some legs for your victory lap through the secure zone! Due to permanent fencing on Las Vegas Blvd., there are NO exit points until you reach Flamingo Rd.
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon and half marathon, for male and female categories. Top 3 overall male and females are excluded from the age-group awards and can only receive one prize. Awards will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks of results being finalized. In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time.
The 10K and 5K will not have age group awards, only top 3 overall male and female.